Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Confess-O-Rama

Title and idea from YA book of same name by Ron Koertge
Found poem from Post Secret, and different confessions on Tumblr

I.
It could have been better
if I were like the ocean
in library books,
letter by letter.
People have no idea how far
is another chance.

Some days are just like this:
completely remarkable.

II.
I can't dance
for attention.
They ignore it.
I love dancing.
She told me to stop.

If they hate me now
I'll survive.
Don't forget you know who I am.

III.
Please save me now.
I can't stand beside someone
who can stand beside that.
Are you joking up there?
I'm not laughing anymore.
It's not fair; in your shadow,
you leave the world broken.
I don't know who you are.

I'm terrified it could never happen.
I've been throwing them away.
You're poison to me.

There was nothing
that could have fixed what you broke.
I am one of your mistakes.

Christine Fojas

No comments: